Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Avengers!

Hello People of the Interwebs!

My apologies for last week's missing post. It sort of... slipped my mind. Sorry.

Now, for the movie that I've been building to for the past few weeks....... The Avengers!

Image Credit to IMDb

WARNING: Major spoilers ahead!

The Avengers is probably one of my favorite movies from the modern Marvel Franchise. It's fun, it's well paced, it's exciting, it's funny, and the action's great!

The Avengers centers around Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. They band together to form the team know as the Avengers, who are "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"! There are a lot of story lines, so I won't recount them for you.

However, let's take a look at how good the story is. I think that Joss Whedon did a fantastic job with this film. The story lines don't feel jumbled or crammed into the movie. The over-arching plot is simple and interesting, with Loki trying to take over the world. I also never felt talked down to. The first time I watched this movie, I had practically zero clue about the stories of the characters, and I felt that they explained it neatly, simply, and made it understandable. When I re-watched it, after having seen the other movies in the franchise, I feared that I would feel talked down to. But that didn't happen! The movie doesn't treat you like an idiot, and if you know the information and back story of the heroes already, you can notice little details that they threw in! 

Now, for the acting. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man. Also returning to their previous roles are: most of the cast. So, I'll list them for simplicity's sake. Chris Evans as Steve Rodgers/Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, and Tom Hiddleston as Loki. The newest cast member is Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk. Other side characters include Cobie Smulders and Maria Hill, and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Pots. To put is simply: I think that the acting and talent in this movie is incredible.

This film has fantastic action. I mean it. It is amazing and deserves much praise!

All in all, I think that this movie is fantastic. The re-watch value is enormous, and I believe that it may last for a long time.

Teenage Critic, signing off!

(Please leave any and all comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment