Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Titanium Alloy Man! (The Third and Final Installment)

Hello people of the Interwebs!

Today's review is of Iron Man 3!

Image credit to IMDb

WARNING: Spoilers ahead!

By gosh, this movie is awful. Well, not strictly awful, just really bad. And not really the acting, or the action, just the story and plot twists. I'm not going to lay the story out, as I've done previously. However, I will explain some of the more upsetting plot points.

First, let me ask you something. Does the following story line sound familiar to you: A normal guy is a huge fan of a famous guy, tries to work with him, gets shot down, becomes a villain. Well, do you have your answer? Incredibles. No, I'm not complimenting your amazing deduction skills, I'm saying that it's the plot of the Incredibles. 

Also, the villain that you see for the entire movie is not even the villain! He's an actor that's been hired to portray the "Mandarin". Just lazy, I'd say.

As for the acting, same spiel. RDJ is great, Paltrow is great, and Cheadle is great. The other actors are good,  but not the best. Guy Pearce playing Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley playing Trevor Slattery (the actor playing the Mandarin), are probably the best of the supporting cast.

The action is good, not great. It's still fun, though not the best.

I'd recommend against ever watching this, unless you've already watched the first two movies, and want to wrap up the story. 

Teenage Critic, signing off.

*Quick note: I'll start doing requested movie reviews! Please leave any suggestions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment